Requirements And Guide On How To Claim P500 a Month Pension for Senior Citizens

Last year, it was reported that the DSWD was to give a 500 pesos a month or 6,000 pesos as yearly pension to senior citizens in the Philippines.

The program Social Pension Program for Indigent Senior Citizens or SPISC and has a total of17.9 billion pesos fund, however, some senior citizens are not properly informed who is qualified to receive it and how to claim it.

Who are qualified to Receive the 6k a Year Pension?

To be one of the qualified pensioner a person must be 60 years old or above and is not receiving any pension from the government or any private institution.

The senior citizen must also have no regular income and is not receiving any form of support from their families.

Senior citizens who are receiving Social Security System or SSS and Government Service Insurance System or GSIS is not qualified as well.

DSWD says there are the people who are in “extremely difficult circumstances”. To yung hindi lang may edad na, may sakit pa o kapansanan, walang trabaho, walang maykayang kamag-anak na kumukupkop at walang ibang pensyong natatanggap.

Even though the program was reported to have started last year, it seems that many senior citizens are saying that they have not received their pensions still. Netizens and citizens have also expressed their dismay and questioned why the program doesn’t include all senior citizens in the country.

Requirements on how to claim 6,000 YEARLY pension for Senior Citizens

To be able to receive your 6k a year pension, you must head to the  City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO) or Office of the Senior Citizens Affair (OSCA) and submit the following requirements:

Senior Citizens ID

certificate of indigence from CSWDO (This will be issued upon presenting a Barangay Certificate of Residency and Assessment Report from CSWDO field office)

For those who haven’t claimed their Senior Citizens Identification card yet, you just need to present your birth certificate, a valid ID and a 1×1 picture to register.

Once registered, the social workers will evaluate your case and forward it to DSWD regional office for validation. Once qualified, DSWD will notify them when and how they can receive their pension.

Source: DSWDLiving and Loving Philippines
Requirements And Guide On How To Claim P500 a Month Pension for Senior Citizens Requirements And Guide On How To Claim P500 a Month Pension for Senior Citizens Reviewed by Admiin Artikulo on July 04, 2019 Rating: 5
Artikulo Herb Med @ 2017. Powered by Blogger.