Ways On How to Apply For A Philippine Passport If Your Birth Certificate Has Errors

When it comes in documents such as birth certificate it should be mainly source of correct information about a person.

But there are several circumstances that a birth certificate has errors, this might include spellings, dates, and names that do not match the details in your valid IDs.

Also if a person who is dual citizen, naturalized Filipino citizen, or obtained citizenship by election.

Therefore, if any mentioned above is your case. Don’t worry we’ve got proper ways for you on how to deal with this issue. Listed below are the possible solutions, only just comply the following supporting documents:

Supporting documents for passport application if:

If the applicant has lacking data in the birth certificate or Report of Birth:

Applicant must submit proof of filing of supplemental report or correction from the Local Civil Registrar (LCR).

If the applicant has a discrepancy in data in birth certificate/Report of Birth and other documents:

A discrepancy in the first name – applicant must submit a copy of the petition and supporting documents for correction of the first name filed with Local Civil Registrar (LCR) or consulate.

A discrepancy in other data – applicant must submit annotated birth certificate authenticated by PSA reflecting the corrected entry.

If the applicant is a dual citizen:

Original PSA authenticated birth certificate/Report of Birth and Original Identification Certificate issued by the Philippine Foreign Service Post (FSP) or the Bureau of Immigration (BI) and a photocopy.

Government-issued IDs (Philippine or from the country of second citizenship).

If the applicant is a Naturalized Filipino Citizen:

Identification Certificate of Naturalization from BI

If the applicant obtained Filipino citizenship by Election:

Affidavit of Election of Philippine citizenship.

Identification Certificate of Election from BI.

If the applicant has been granted citizenship by Act of Legislation.

A certified true copy of the law granting citizenship.

Foreign birth certificate authenticated by Philippine FSP.

Note: All of this information is from the website of http://www.passport.gov.ph website. If you have still concern that is not include what mentioned above, it is better to visit and check the nearest DFA offices in your place.

Source: Master Citizen
Ways On How to Apply For A Philippine Passport If Your Birth Certificate Has Errors Ways On How to Apply For A Philippine Passport If Your Birth Certificate Has Errors Reviewed by Admiin Artikulo on July 08, 2019 Rating: 5
Artikulo Herb Med @ 2017. Powered by Blogger.